Who am I kidding? I saw nothing of NYC except from the interior of a cab and my 1.2 mile walk this morning. My flight landed at 8:30pm last night local time. I made it to my hotel at 10:30pm (thanks Times Square!). I fly out 7:30pm tonight. Fun facts ensue:
- There’s more than one “Hilton Garden Inn Times Square”. Ask me how I know.
- I get in a cab in NYC and I get carsick. Every. Single. Time.
- New Yorkers are the most helpful beings on the planet, and I am NOT being sarcastic.
- If you attend a conference in NY as a female human, and you elect to wear jeans, you will be in the minority of about 4-6%.
- It is possible to adopt your new time zone with no issues whatsoever. Until morning.
- You will find a way to get clean with minimal light and low water pressure.
- We cut the cord on cable years ago and every time I try to watch commercials irritate me and I remember why we did that.
- Not all outlets on the Delta Airlines flight work.
- Yellow cab is feeling the pressure of Uber and Lyft to the extent that one of the main commercials in the yellow cab is how awesome yellow cab is.
- If the agenda for a conference you’re scheduled to attend is light, reach out to the organizers and find out who it’s geared towards. You’ll still get value out of a sales/marketing conference even if you’re a technical PM — but you have to work at it. Oh, and you get a lot of blank stares when you explain what you do.