I’m freely admitting here that I’m phoning this one in: life, and work, have taken over as is wont to do with a new job, and summer approaching. The sun gets early and so do I, I am proudly Foursquare mayor of my gym and I sleep better now that I have in six years. Work is intense and yet has finite boundaries, home is satisfying although I do admit that this school year it feels a bit like I’m limping to the finish (to quote a Facebook friend).
This sounds pitifully like a synopsized email to my mother: I’m alive, I’m happy, I’m sorry I haven’t written, I’m just really busy, and it’s all good. As I have two plane trips spaced at one-month intervals coming up, I hope to have a new rant up soon. Ideas for said rant include:
1. Wow, people in Seattle have no idea how to drive at all once change is instantiated.
2. I may become a shoe fanatic. I bought new shoes that happened to be high heels and I’m really, really enjoying them.
3. Gardening is frustrating if you resolve to do it without chemicals.
4. I have no problem turning 40, the fact that my son is already 10 is scary.
5. I am a dabbler, and despite the best advice of many I think I’m succeeding.
There was a time in my life where I blogged because the volume of drama necessitated it; there is no drama and unfortunately there’s not much I can add in terms of overall social commentary that I feel has to be imparted RIGHT NOW. This is a good position to be in.